Behind The Drink ep. 1: The Wayward
Updated: Aug 4, 2019
Welcome to episode 1 of our cocktail showcase series! Here, we document some of our most favorite cocktails we've designed for our hosts, and the stories behind the drink.
The Wayward (originally called The Wayward Persian, named after one of the bride's relatives who couldn't make it to the wedding)
- 1.5 oz Reposado Tequila (I use Suerte)
- 1 oz Pomegranate/Rose petal shrub*
- 3 dashes Orange Flower Water
- 2 oz champagne
1) Chill a martini or coupe glass and set aside
2) In a shaker tin, add all ingredients except champagne
3) Shake and double strain contents into chilled glass
4)Top with champagne and bride's favorite flower: A White Daisy!
*1 part pomegranate juice, 1 part sugar,1/2 part white wine vinegar, boil together, steep with dried rose petals (start with half an oz and add to taste), strain out solids and set aside
For the full story behind the drink, listen below!
Photography by Red Hare